Assistance for the move from school to work
ACES is registered to provide ‘assist access/ Maintain employment’ services in the NDIS. This includes SLES or ‘school leaver employment supports’. ACES runs employment support programs for young people with a disability making the move from school to employment.
This is an important step for everyone, particularly if you have a disability or other barriers to overcome.
New skills are required to be successful – things like:
• learning how to apply for a job and prepare a resume
• finding out what type of work suits you and which organisations offer that kind of work
• what to do in a job interview.
Our team can also provide information about:
• travel options to get you to and from work
• training options at TAFE and other organisations
• wages and how to manage your money
• learning to be independent
• problems people face at work and what to do about it.
We can organise work experience sessions at businesses in the area – this way more than one employment option can be explored and you can make informed decisions about the type of work you enjoy.
Supported on-the-job training will help you learn to use job-related equipment and complete tasks.
Flexibility and personal choice are at the centre of everything we do at ACES. You choose the support you want and the direction you want to take – our job is to support you every step of the way.
Find out more
Find out how ACES can provide an employment support program just for you. Phone ACES today on (02) 6581 2348.
ACES success stories
Community college partnership (pdf) – Port Macquarie Express
Hope Shop Café (pdf) – a community partnership success story
Work day to inspire all – a typical day at ACES (pdf) – Port Macquarie Express
Download / print
Futures – Transition to Work flyer (pdf)
Futures – Transition to Work employer information (pdf)
See image gallery for more about job/skills training