“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” -Henry Ford
At ACES you’ll find a group of ordinary people working together to achieve extraordinary things.
Get involved. Lend a hand so we can support more families. Work with us to build stronger community ties and remove the barriers that prevent people from achieving their goals and having a “good life”.
Ways You Can Get Involved
• Volunteer – everyone has something to offer, volunteering at ACES could be just what you’re looking for.
• Workplace trials / employment – host a trainee at your workplace for short term training or with a view to part-time employment; partner with us in our Transition to Work program for school leavers.
• Provide transport – become one of our regular volunteer drivers.
• Join our carers group.
• Pro bono support – donate your time and experience in key professional areas.
• Internships – get hands on experience in a dynamic workplace where you can share your skills and training.
• Donate – financial assistance plus equipment or other donations are welcome.
• Corporate support – inspire your employees and colleagues by getting involved with ACES.
• Communicate – stay in touch with what’s happening at ACES, tell your family and friends.
• Become an ACES ambassador – help raise awareness and source additional support.
• Raise funds – get creative, hold your own fundraising event, make a difference.
• Service development – suggest ideas for additional resources or venues for visits, recreation, volunteering, employment and work experience.
School-based traineeships are an effective way for young people to pursue a career in disability work. With so many service users in their late teens and early 20s, it is a bonus for all concerned when young people train and work at ACES.
We have a team of fabulous volunteers and we are always looking for more – read more.
For more information about any of these opportunities, phone ACES on (02) 6581 2348 or email email@example.com.